Kenosha County Youth in Governance Programs
- Youth participating in Youth In Governance members sit on each of nine the Kenosha County Board Committees: Administration, Human Services, Building & Grounds, Judiciary & Law, Extension Education & Conservation, Land Use, Finance, Legislative, and Highway & Parks.
- The Youth As Resources Board of Directors is made up of youth and adults from Kenosha County who meet once a month to discuss community issues, provide grants to youth-led community service groups, and to plan community improvement initiatives. In 2009, $5,440 was distributed to 16 local youth groups (1395 youth participants) to complete community service and service learning projects through the Kenosha County YAR program.
- 11 Youth have been seated on six different county board committees for the first time in 2007. Supervisors received training on working with youth. The youth were formally inducted and play an advisory role in discussions.
- The Youth as Resources Board, which is comprised of 9 youth members and 7 adult members, granted over $5000 to 13 local youth groups to complete service projects.
- Youth as Resources (YAR) is an Extension-sponsored organization that promotes youth-led activism in Kenosha County. The YAR board has raised funds and granted $3910 in 2006 to 11 local youth groups to complete service project
For more information: Kenosha County UW-Extension Youth Development