Jackson County Youth in Governance Programs
- Jackson County trained and added five youth to the Extension Education Committee where they provide input to county board members.
- Together for Jackson County Kids, a community coalition, newly involved youth as voting members after an Extension-led youth-adult partnership training and ongoing team-building activities.
- 65 Black River Falls students have been engaged in 4-H Public Adventures service-learning projects in 2007-8 and more teachers are planning to implement the curriculum in classrooms over the next year.
- Conducted study circles on youth issues co-facilitated by youth and adults
- Participated in the Engaging Youth, Serving Community training and case study funded by USDA.
For more information: Jackson County UW-Extension Youth Development