Upham Woods is always looking for individuals that are willing to help with animal care and maintaining facilities, promoting educational opportunities and working with our staff to plan and deliver qualtiy educational programs for public events and family camps. We are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
Volunteers must complete a standard background check. Contact Toby Grabs by email or at 608-254-6461, ext. 203. Volunteer opportunities can range from a few hours to a few days in length. Pick the amount that is right for you, choose an interest area and then contact us at 608-254-6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Become a 4-H Volunteer!
To volunteer as an adult chaperone at a summer or winter 4-H camp or other weekend event, become a 4-H adult volunteer! Adult volunteers must be 21 or older, be actively enrolled in 4-H and have completed the Youth Protection Process. The Wisconsin 4-H Youth Development Youth Protection program process includes:
- Completion of the Volunteer Application Form
- Background records check for arrest and conviction records through the approved channel
- Participation in volunteer orientation
- Completion of the Volunteer Behavior Expectations Form (may be combined with the 4-H enrollment form)
- Completion of the 4-H Enrollment Form
Contact your county's UW-Extension 4-H Youth Development Agent to find out more about volunteering in 4-H. Click here for a map of UW-Extension county offices.