Afterschool Research and Policy Implications Presentation by Kathi Vos and Stan Kocos at June 11, 2009 Wisconsin State Prevention Conference at the Ramada Hotel, Stevens Point, WI.
Research Documents Referred to in the June 11, 2009 Presentation
- After School Program in the 21st Century Executive Summary (2 pages, 110KB) Summary for the Harvard Family Research Project's (HFRP) research article.
- After School Programs in the 21st Century (12 pages, 216KB) Research article from Harvard Family Research Project's (HFRP).
- After School Programs in the 21st Century Research Companion (39 pages, 280KB)
- Outcomes Linked to High-Quality Afterschool Programs: Longitudinal Findings from the Study of Promising Afterschool Programs (9 pages, 78KB) Research article from University of California, Irvine, the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Policy Studies Associates, Inc showing the outcomes of youth who attend after school programs.
- The Impact of After-School Programs That Promote Personal and Social Skills summary (8 pages, 608KB)
- The Impact of After-School Programs That Promote Personal and Social Skills Full report (50 pages, 2,871KB)
- The Long-Term Effects of After-School Programming on Educational Adjustment and Juvenile Crime: A Study of LA's BEST After-School Program study brief (10 pages, 79KB)
- The Long-Term Effects of After-School Programming on Educational Adjustment and Juvenile Crime: A Study of LA's BEST After-School Program Full report (177 pages, 1,093KB)
- Summertime and Weight Gain research article (2 pages, 79KB) Results from a John Hopkins research on children weight gain during the summertime.
- Supporting Student Outcomes through Expanded Learning Opportunities
- A New Day for Learning report can be found at http://www.edutopia.org/newforlearning